Sunday, February 22, 2015

Healthy Plants vs. Unhealthy Plants

I wish I knew the difference between the “right way” to eat plant-based and the “wrong way” back when I first started. I remember buying a Little Caesar's pizza and scraping the cheese off thinking, "Yeah! I'm doing it!" No . . . I wasn't even close.

Some of my people will eat food that, although may not come from animals, is heavily processed and quite unwholesome. Here are some examples:

Unhealthy Plant-food              
French fries
Soda pop/alcohol/coffee
Potato chips
White flour tortillas
White loaf of bread that you can squeeze together like an accordian
Oil
Oreos
Fake meat/cheese
Onion rings
Flavored Quick Oats
Yellow Spaghetti 

Healthy Plants             
Water, almond milk, natural juices
Unprocessed legumes 
Whole wheat flour tortillas
Brown rice 
Whole wheat, whole grain bread
Leafy greens
Rinsed beans
Fresh fruit/vegetables
Whole grains
Old-fashioned oats
Whole wheat spaghetti noodles  

                             

No comments:

Post a Comment